The Leal Senado, for ''Loyal Senate'', was the seat of Macau's government during its time as a . It is located at one end of the Senado Square. The title was bestowed on Macau's government in 1810 by Portugal's Prince-Regent , who would later become King John VI of Portugal. This was a reward for Macau's loyalty to Portugal during the Iberian Union, between 1580 and 1640.
The building itself was erected in 1784. After the to China in 1999 it became the headquarters of the .
It became part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Historic Centre of Macau in 2005.